NANO, MESO, MICRO: SCIENCE AND INNOVATION FOR RADIO AND PHOTONICS
March 22-23, 2022
The URSI-France 2022 workshop, organized under the auspices of the French Academy of Sciences, will focus on "Nano, meso, micro: science and innovation for radio and photonics". Although based on very powerful physical concepts, these technologies disseminate towards the application, by offering technical or technological solutions with high innovation potential. The workshop will be held on the campus of Telecom Paris, Institut Polytechnique de Paris, in Palaiseau (France), from March 22 to March 23, 2022.
These Days are intended to bring together the scientific communities concerned with the development, physics and integration of micro, meso and nanocomponents based on semiconductors or new materials with the aim of micro and nano electronics, radio science, optoelectronics, and quantum photonics.
In this context, the workshop will be organized around oral sessions and posters. Most sessions will be introduced by invited speakers, presenting the state of the art and / or recent developments, followed by papers that have been selected by the Scientific Committee.
The scientific fields covered are broad and range from the study of elementary materials and components to quantum technologies and their integration into systems with particular emphasis on the themes below.
- Micro-nanotechnologies and systems, new materials and nanostructures, 1D & 2D nanomaterials Metasurfaces, large surface nanostructured materials;
- Metamaterials and reconfigurable components and circuits, micro and nano-antennas;
- Micro and nanophotonics, photonic crystals, metamaterials, plasmonics, order and disorder, mesoscopic systems;
- Photonic components, photonic and optoelectronic integration;
- Electronic components and micro-nano-electronic integration, THz components and technologies;
- Components in extreme / specific environments;
- Electronics and organic nanophotonics, nanosensors, MEMS and NEMS;
- Quantum technologies, quantum sensors, spintronics, quantum communications, quantum computing
Development of instruments for radio and photonics at small scales / very high frequencies.
The 2022 URSI-France workshop was taked place on the TELECOM PARIS campus (https://www.telecom-paris.fr) in Palaiseau, on March 22 to 23, 2022.
Chair: Frédéric Grillot, Telecom Paris, France
- Tahsin Akalin (Université de Lille)
- Romain Aleaume (Telecom Paris)
- Xavier Begaud (Telecom Paris)
- Shah Nawaz Burokur (Université de Paris Nanterre)
- Beatrice Dagens (Université de Paris Saclay)
- Frédérique de Fornel (Université de Bourgogne)
- Olivier Gauthier-Lafaye (LAAS, Toulouse)
- Daniela Dragomirescu (INSA & LAAS, Toulouse)
- Jean-Michel Gérard (CEA, Grenoble)
- Ali Khalighi (Institut Fresnel, Marseille)
- Michel de Labachelerie (Femto-ST, Besançon)
- Isabelle Ledoux (ENS Paris-Saclay)
- Alain Sibille (Telecom Paris)
- Carlo Sirtori (ENS Paris)
- Arnaud Vena (Université de Montpellier)
Chair: Alain Sibille, Telecom Paris, France
Jean-Benoit Agnani (ANFR), Joël Hamelin (URSI-France), Yves Jaouen (Telecom Paris), Lluis M. Mir (CNRS), Hervé Sizun (URSI-France), Shiyuan Zhao (Telecom Paris)
The workshop will be the opportunity to remit the annual URSI-France Medal as well as the Radiosciences PhD Award, under the aegis of URSI and URSI-France.
A Young scientific grant of 300 euros and a free registration will be awarded to the principal author and presenter of the best article, if he is under 35 and affiliated to a European laboratory other than French.
The texts of the communications will be grouped together in proceedings, an electronic version of which will be available on this web site.
A selection of papers will be proposed for publication, either in a special issue of the Comptes rendus Physique de l’Académie des sciences or in the Revue de l’électricité et de l’électronique (REE).
- December 17 2021: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- January 19, 2022: Notification to authors of acceptance by the Scientific Committee
- February 16, 2022 Deadline for full text submission
- March 2, 2020 Notification of the final acceptance of the full paper
- March 22-23, 2020: Workshop
The registration fee is 240 € for each participant. It includes, among others, lunches and coffee breaks. A 125 € reduced fee will be applied to students and retired participants.
Registration to the Workshop will have to be made online: https://ursifr-2022.sciencesconf.org, before March 17, 2022